Govt. of India is taking number of policy measures to increase the use of natural gas in CGD sector, some of which are as follows:
- Replacing costly and polluting fuels with Natural Gas.
- Mandating CNG in various cities (e.g. Delhi and Mumbai).
- Creating of CGD infrastructure in smart cities..
- Inclusion of more number of cities by Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) for development of City Gas Distribution (CGD) network..
- 100% allocation of domestic gas for domestic PNG and CNG segments for faster roll out of PNG connections and CNG stations in given City/Geographical Areas..
- Development of Gas Infrastructure in Eastern part of the country. .